Dear PostageApp beta users,
It’s been a pleasure to welcome so many of you to PostageApp.com over the past few days. We’ve received a number of requests for more info on our future plans, so thought it best that we “Reply All.”
The Working Group built PostageApp back in early 2009 to meet our own app-generated emailing needs. Our goal is now to grow and improve PostageApp into a premier mail handling app, made by developers for other developers. We want to help devs simplify their app-driven email system, saving them time so they can make their core application even better.
And so everyone understands up front where things will be going, we’d like to share our thoughts on pricing:
1. There will always be a free plan. Our current thinking is that the free plan will include:
- Up to 25 emails per day, no cap on the total # of emails sent.
- Send email using our SMTP server or your own.
3. Regarding the current beta:
- We will also be contacting some users and asking for information about you and your app, so that we can continue to develop Postage with your (and our) needs in mind.
- In return for your help, we invite our beta users to use Postage to the fullest, and ignore the current sending limits on the beta account – when using your own SMTP server.
- We don’t want to promote spam, but we also don’t want to enforce restrictions for high-volume users, so we encourage developers to test-drive PostageApp during our free beta, and see if you like it.
Thanks and enjoy!
P.S. PostageApp is against spam, and we’ll be very quick to ban account holders that abuse the system.