A year ago we ate cake.
It was PostageApp’s 1st birthday since we exited beta. We reminisced on the year that passed, and shared some of our upcoming new releases.
Since then we’ve taken off with a whirlwind year of feature enhancement, accelerated growth and amazing interaction with our customers. Here’s a few of the things which kept us busy (and caused us to neglect this blog a bit):
- We launched our Email Delivery Engine
- We got our hands dirty with DKIM / SPF, to help your emails hit inboxes
- We quintupled our monthly sending volume
- We introduced new pricing plans – including 1,000,000 per month with Pterodactyl, and 30-day trials on our Pigeon and Falcon plans
- We provided new analytics for your dashboard
- We rolled out new API functionality
- And yes, our revenue has grown healthily.
Today we peck at our lunch at our desks… no cake. Our heads are down working on the product we love and care for – we don’t really know how else to celebrate? What we do know is that our goal has always been (and still is) to grow PostageApp into the premier email delivery and management service, and help provide insight into your business and user engagement along the way.
Anniversaries are a great time for reflection, and we realized we’ve slipped slightly in communicating with all of you (we’re email nerds not social media gurus, but we should be able to tweet!). We’re committing to improving that right away, starting with more frequent blog entries to keep you posted on updates, enhancements and tips.
There’s exciting things ahead for PostageApp in the coming year, and your feedback is critically important to keeping us on the flight path. Here’s a few things zipping around the skunkworks right now that you can expect to hit production before the Pigeon puts on its birthday hat again:
- Better insights into your deliverability and reputation
- Proactive assistance for you to start campaigns on the right foot
- Speeding up all the things : Dashboard, Delivery, Reporting…
- Enhancements to the templating engine – loops, libraries and more
- Some pretty significant API expansions for recipient-level management
- Larger plans by popular demand!
So here’s to another year – we look forwarding to growing our capabilities and spreading our wings just as your companies are coming on in leaps and bounds.